• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I just found out my puppy came from a puppy mill! I'm DEVASTATED!

I think you've gotten some wonderful information from other members.

All I can add is.....welcome to you and Misha!!! Now you can be a spokesperson for how to properly buy a Cavalier ;) I'm glad you are accepting of the fact that she didn't come from the best place but that certainly doesn't diminish the fact that she's yours and you love her so much.

I think Misha is just precious and I hope you have a long long lifetime of fun and joy with her.

Charlie McFarlie says "hi" to Misha. :dogwlk:
Charlie.jpg

Last edited:
I think SHE is very lucky to have got YOU too.........and besides that you just reminded me.....i have no pet insurance!!!!!!!!!

Misha is very cute. We learn something each time we purchase a dog. Whether it be training, food or crating. Enjoy her and I wish you both much happiness.

Misha is absolutely adorable. She reminds me so much of Annie when she was in that "all legs" stage:

annie5.jpg

Here's what you have to look forward to:

annie_sit.jpg

Last edited:
You and Misha will be great together! You will love her and she will adore you. Any way you care to look at it, it is all that matters now. If you ever go out to get Misha a brother or sister you now have great sources of advice.

I'm so glad you had the courage to tell your story and that you and Misha are part of the CT community.

icon_welcome to both of you!

Misha is absolutely adorable. She reminds me so much of Annie when she was in that "all legs" sstage:

annie5.jpg

Here's what you have to look forward to:

annie_sit.jpg

Are they both the same dog above??????? Oh my god the second photo is so fantastic.. Is that what my ruby is going to look like? She looks like the first photo now..all legs.... what age is that second photo taken at if its the same dog ?????????????????

Are they both the same dog above??????? Oh my god the second photo is so fantastic.. Is that what my ruby is going to look like? She looks like the first photo now..all legs.... what age is that second photo taken at if its the same dog ?????????????????

Yes, that is the very same dog -- our beloved Annie. The second photo was taken right around her second birthday in February. The feathers on her coat and her ears are still growing in.

Last edited:
anniespeeps - WOW - she's GORGEOUS!!! Your girl is a DOLL!!!! I am so excited Misha is going to be as beautiful as your baby girl! Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful photos. We've been talking about how Misha's coat is so thin and how it's funny "all legs" that is a good way to put it. Is it only the rubies that go through this? All the other puppies from the other colors seem to have soft and fluffy coats even as little youngsters.

jcj528 - Thank you for such a kind and warm welcome. I appreciate yours and everyone's very compassionate responses and thank you so much for making me feel welcome here. I felt scared to post at first out of fear that people might think my baby is not worthy because she's a puppy mill dog.

anniespeeps - WOW - she's GORGEOUS!!! Your girl is a DOLL!!!! I am so excited Misha is going to be as beautiful as your baby girl! Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful photos. We've been talking about how Misha's coat is so thin and how it's funny "all legs" that is a good way to put it. Is it only the rubies that go through this? All the other puppies from the other colors seem to have soft and fluffy coats even as little youngsters.

jcj528 - Thank you for such a kind and warm welcome. I appreciate yours and everyone's very compassionate responses and thank you so much for making me feel welcome here. I felt scared to post at first out of fear that people might think my baby is not worthy because she's a puppy mill dog.

She's the only Cavalier we've ever had, so I can't speak for the other colors. But it has definitely taken a while for her coat to develop. I think I read somewhere that it's not fully developed until they're 2 or 3. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as the puppy mill thing, I can understand your feelings about your dog's background. But now that she's yours, she deserves just as much love and TLC as any Cavalier -- or any dog, for that matter.

Thanks so much anniespeeps! I appreciate the encouragement!! I do feel that I need to pretty much put the puppy mill thing behind me in terms of not letting that get in the way of my love for Misha. She is my baby girl and she is so innocent. She doesn't care where she came from. She only knows that she loves to run and play and eat good food and she loves her mommy and the wonderful people around her. Thank you for this reminder...

Back